The search for Paleo recipes goes on. A paleo diet is made up of predominantly meat and vegetables and so I’ve had to extend my repertoire to make sure we have a meal every night. This recipe is based on one at www.paleomg.com. We’ve served this chutney with burgers, pulled pork and cheese on toast.
Ingredients for Apple, Bacon & Onion Chutney
1. Fry the bacon until crisp.
2. Slice the onions and add soften with the bacon. Use a small amount of olive oil if you need to.
3. Dice the apple into small pieces and add to the pan.
4. Pour 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar into the pan. Cook on a very low heat until all the ingredient are soft and the balsamic has reduced and sweetened.
5. Pack the mixture tightly into a sterilised kilner or jam jar.