So there comes a point when you need to buy a new family car. There may be many reasons
for this, increasing family size, age of current car or downsizing when your children are
older. But no matter what the reason for buying a new car, you may want to consider these
tips before purchasing your new motor.
1. Make sure you choose the right car. Know what type of car you are looking for
before you go out looking. It is really easy to get distracted by all the fancy extras
cars have to offer but if you need a certain size car, that is your main priority.
2. Research what your current car is worth. Before going to a dealers, make sure
you do your homework and find out exactly what your car is worth. Also consider
whether you would be better off selling your car first or part exchanging, there may
be a big price difference.
3. Know your budget. Before going to a showroom, know exactly how much you are
looking to spend and stick to it. This way you are less likely to be tempted to spend
more than you can really afford.
4. Research insurance and tax prices. It is also a good idea to research what insurance
and tax is going to cost you for the car you are hoping to buy. There are many sites
available to compare car insurance and also the DVLA have a really useful site to tell
what tax will cost for the car. This way you will have no nasty shocks!
5. Don’t make a quick decision. Don’t feel pressured to buy from the first garage, make
time to go round as many as you can to make sure that you get the best deal on your
car. This applies to both used and new cars.
Brought to you by Tesco Insurance